Find the Best Betting Sites for You
Worth a Punt.com find and compare the best betting sites for punters like you, no matter what action you like to bet on: football, horse racing, bingo or casino games.
Bookmakers featured here are open to players throughout the world. Some are online only while others have gambling shops on high streets up and down the UK.
If you’re in a hurry to place your bets check out our top bookie website recommendations below. Stick with us and we’ll help you compare companies to find your best bookmaker.
Top 5 Sportsbook Websites
|Company||Free Bonus Amount|
Even if you already have an account with 1 or 2 of the above sites, we still recommend opening a betting account with all of them.
Each bookie has their strong points. Having an account with each of them ensures that you are always able to take advantage of the current best promotions and odds on offer.
The following section covers the criteria we use to compile our top lists.
What Makes a Great Bookie
When evaluating the leading websites it pays to keep the following key points in mind:
- Competitive Odds: are the odds on offer generous or on the stingy side? Some bookies odds fall way below the average; you could be missing out on hundreds of pounds of winnings by not using a bookie offering competitive odds.
- Sign Up Offer: you shouldn’t judge based solely on the value of the sign up bonus on offer. But it could swing your choice one way or the other if 2 websites seem equal in all other areas.
- Ongoing Promotions: this is where some diligent research could really pay off in the long run. If you like to wager on the nags but your website of choice doesn’t offer ongoing horse racing promotions – they are not the perfect match for you.
- Reputation: if you’ve never heard of a company before make sure they have a rock solid history behind them. It is rare that a bookmaker goes under – but it can and does happen.
- Usability: all of the first-rate sites are easy to use, so if you find yourself on a bookmakers website that isn’t intuitive to use, find another! When money is involved the last thing you want is to mess up your bet because the betting slip wasn’t clear.
For both the casual punter and betting enthusiast sports betting is where the action is. In the UK particularly, of all the sports markets available to bet on 2 stand out: football and the horse racing.
As you would expect then football and racing should be two of the strong points of any decent bookie. But how can you find a site better than the rest for you?
Best for Football
The ongoing offers for football betting are arguably not as appealing as those available on the horses.
Sites tend to focus football promos on goal scorer and correct score markets. Offers for more mainstream markets such as win-draw-win do turn up but not on a weekly basis.
Typical money back specials include: refund if your 1st goal scorer bet scores 2nd. Refund if your losing correct score bet finishes 0-0.
For many punters the best betting sites are the websites with the most gambling offers. Visit our free bets section to find which bookmaker promos and special offers appeal to you.
Top Sites for Horse Racing
If you like to get the adrenaline pumping with a wager on the nags there are 2 important factors you need to consider when choosing a betting site:
- Do they offer best odds guaranteed?
- What ongoing racing promotions do they run?
Best odds guaranteed ensures that if the start price odds were greater than the odds you initially took – your winning bet will be paid out at the greater odds. Meaning more profit for you.
So if you back a horse at 5/1 which goes off with a start price at 8/1 and then wins the race – you won’t need to kick yourself for putting your bet on early!
It’s an outstanding offer so if your bookie of choice doesn’t offer BOG you should bet elsewhere.
Another promotion that you should look for are the free bets for winners or refund if your horse finishes second. It’s just a matter of deciding if you like to be rewarded for a win, or soften the blow of finishing second.
Betting on the horses? If you choose to bet on a website that offers BOG and runs these types of promotions you’re golden.
Keep updated with new betting sites and promotions from bookmakers by signing up to our newsletter.